Friday, January 13, 2012

Twist-Out Look For the Day

The longer my hair gets, the more I love twist-outs!
For this twist-out look, I made my two-strand twist larger than normal. My twist were medium size; about as large as a crayola marker...I think...LOL!
I started with freshly washed hair. I then parted my hair in 7 sections and then parted those sections into 4's.

Products Used:
Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner
Castro Oil
Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue

After I parted my hair, I added the Castro Oil to each of the 7 sections. And then added the Curly Meringue after I parted the 7 into 4 sections, (Curly Meringue was added when I was ready to start twisting the section that I was working on).

****New Method Alert****
After each section was done, I would stretch the twist by pulling them downward. I then added a metal "duck bill* hair clip at the start of the twist. I did this to help reduce the puffy-ness from the roots, (since my twist are larger than I normally do them), and to give my twist a little bit more "hang-time".

Once the twist were dry, I added Castro Oil and started to unravel. When unraveling, I split each twist into two's.

Enjoy the pics!



3 comments: