Sunday, December 4, 2011

Introducing...My First Bantu Knot Out!

The Bantu Knots are something I have to get used to. It's not my favorite style, but something I can definitely work with. Practice makes perfect!



PRODUCTS USED / STYLING METHOD

Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner
Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue

1. After washing, conditioning and detangling my hair, I separated my hair in seven sections (using butterfly clips to hold each section).

2. Starting from the back, I would part each sections into four individual sections, (preparing to knot).

3. Add the Curly Meringue to the section.

4. Starting from the roots, start to twirl your hair.

5. Once you start twirling, the hair closest your roots should start to bend (knot). Once it does, use your index finger to hold it down.

6. Start wrapping your hair around that knot.

7. When you get to the ends, you can either tuck it under the knot or use a bobby pin to secure the knot.

8. Continue knotting the rest of your hair.

9. When finished, cover hair with a satin bonnet or scarf.


THE OUTCOME
Not too bad....a little frizzy, but not too bad!

JAZZIN' IT UP A BIT


(I had to try what I learned from the "Hair Scarf Styling Tutorial" video...LOL)


*Keep It Kinky*


No comments:

Post a Comment