Sunday, November 6, 2011

Kinky Confessions: The Start of Something Kinky

July 2010
My Last Relaxer


For the majority of my life, I wore my hair like the pic above. I loved short hair! Heck...I still love short hair. The many styles and compliments were to die for...LOL! But those weren't the only reasons why I kept my hair short.


My hair growing out from a chic short cut would be full and thick. But once it reached to a certain lenght, (like the pic above), my hair would start to go flat, one side was fuller than the other, and my hair started to break off around the nap of my neck. My bangs would also stop growing. This was very frustrating. So my fix to the problem was to cut it back short again.


Kinky Thoughts

In early September 2010, I was surfing the web and kept coming across a whole lot of sites aimed for those who were natural or transitioning to become fully natural. What attracted me to this world was hearing the positive feedback. People were talking about how they never seen their hair healthier and being able to retain lenght. But what really caught my attention was hearing people talk about how liberating it felt; how it seemed like they were meeting themselves for the first time. I was just recently lay-off and just became a mom for the 2nd time in 5yrs. I needed a change...inside and out! 


September 17, 2010BC (BIG CHOP) 

On a day that was supposed to be like any other day at the hair salon. I was supposed to be getting my routine touch-up; relaxer, trim, and style. As I was sitting in my hair stylist chair, I asked her if I had enough new growth to go natural. She felt through my hair and said, "Sure!" With no hesitation I told her to cut it off.
When my husband got home, this is who he was greeted by:

Even though my edges were still relaxed and I still had some relaxed strands, it felt great to be natural. It literally felt like I just got rid of 10lbs of dead weight...LOL! This was the start of something beautiful!

~Keep It Kinky~

No comments:

Post a Comment