Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kinky Confessions: Twist-Out with a Side Braid

  

Wanna know how I got this look?

*Hair State: Hair was co-washed (washed with conditioner only) the morning of the twist out. I wore my hair in a puff to help stretch-out my hair. Once I got home from work, my hair is completely dry. This is when I start on my twist.


Tools: Wide Tooth Comb, Spray Bottle filled with water, and Satin Bonnet

Products Used:
Softee's Aloe Vera Activator Gel
*My first time EVER using this, and I have to say that I LOVE IT!*


Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie (SMCES)
*One of my FAV'S and a MUST HAVE*


Steps:
1.) Part your hair by using your fingers. *Remember to be gentle since your hair is dry*

2.) With the spray bottle of water, slightly damp that section of your hair.

3.) Starting at the ends and working your way up, comb your hair with a wide tooth comb.

4.) Use a dime size of the SMCES and distribute throughout that section.

5.) Depending on how small or large you want your twist out to be, part the section that you are about to twist.

6.) Before you start twisting, add a very small amount of the Aloe Vera Gel (a small amount goes a long way) to that section.

7.) Start twisting!
When twisting, remember to start at the root. When you get to the end, twirl your hair around your fingers. This helps secure the ends and prevent them from frizzing.*

8.) Repeat until hair is completely finish!

9.) Cover with satin bonnet.


Optional: Steps for Side Braid
1.) Part hair to your desire in the front  
2.) Slightly damp hair
3.) Add SMCES
4.) Add Aloe Vera Gel
5.) French Braid or Flat Twist hair (my hair is flat twist to the side)

This is what my hair looked like once I was done twisting it up!

 
 
 
*Keep It Kinky*

No comments:

Post a Comment